GBL will maintain Policies and Procedures including:
- Health & Safety (*)
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults (*) Rename
- Code of Conduct
- Grievance and Disciplinary
- Towpath Management
- Waste Management
- User Committee Terms of Reference
- Priority access times
The User is expected to maintain equivalent policies to those marked (*) and to work with GBL and other users to ensure that the policies adopted by all parties are compatible.
The User Committee is encouraged to review the policies listed above and suggest ways to improve them.
The User Committee will develop and agree Policies and Procedures to cover the following areas:
- Inter User Grievance and Complaints Procedures
- Access and Security Procedures
- Use of common areas
- Gloucester Boathouse Operating Procedure
- Operational Plan that is agreed with C&RT
- Guidance In Case of Emergency
- Incident and accident reporting
- Information for Visiting Clubs
These policies and procedures will be subject to review by the Directors of GBL and will be approved unless they conflict with legal or contractual requirements on GBL or with GBL’s published policies.
The User Committee will produce shared:
- Rules for the safe use of the Gloucester-Sharpness canal
- Procedures for recording when boats are on the canal and when they return
GBL will make available, via its website, the Terms of Reference for the User Committee and its Policies and Procedures.