Gloucester Boathouse is a new centre for rowing and canoeing in Gloucestershire to provide:
- A home for Gloucester Rowing Club and Gloucester Canoe Club offering recreational and competitive rowing and canoeing for all ages
- Development of future Olympians with the Hartpury Rowing Academy
- A facility open to all schools, colleges, and universities in Gloucestershire
- A regional centre for Adaptive Rowing (for the disabled)
- Training camps for clubs in the region and national-level crews
- Regattas drawing entries from across the country
- Fun regattas open to all
The ground floor boat bays and toilets were completed in August 2017 and the three main users, Gloucester Rowing Club (GRC), Hartpury College (GHP), and Cheltenham Ladies College (CLC) moved in. A limited fit out of level 1 was used for the first time at the Rowing Club’s annual regatta in August 2017.
We are currently working to improve the level 1 facilities including building the clubhouse and main changing facilities. Ground floor planned construction includes constructing the main canoe store.
Our main partners in this project are:
|Gloucester Rowing Club||Hartpury College||Cheltenham Ladies College|
|Sport England||British Rowing||British Canoeing|
|Gloucester Canoe Club||Gloucester City Council||Markey Construction|
Over £1.5 million had been raised to date but we now need to raise another £250,000 to complete the next stage of the project (refitting the level 1 club house and changing rooms, and construction of external canoe racking. Please help us meet that goal. You can donate via Just Giving justgiving.com or by cheque.
Please make cheques made payable to:
“Gloucester Boathouse Ltd”
The Boat House
326 Bristol Road
Gloucester GL2 5DH
David Hook Way
NB Satnavs may not direct you to the correct place as the postcode covers a wide area. Similarly, searching for ‘Gloucester Rowing Club’ may direct you to the old boathouse.
Instead, search for ‘David Hook Way’